Friday, August 13, 2004

Sensitivity- Bain of Royalty

The complete non-issue that is John Kerry calling for a more "sensitive" war on terror, and the 'wingers trying to make Kerry out to be a kind of pantywaist who will try to lure Osama Bin Laden out of hiding, is just ridiculous. What Kerry meant, what anyone with half a brain knew he meant, was that he would try to get more of our allies involved, especially in the Arab world, so that we can start reducing our own troop levels. The Repub's (Cheney, Newt, Hannity) were making it out like he said that we need to be weak to fight the war on terror. No. We just need to have some semblance of an idea of how to approach the Arab world, not as Rush said a couple of days ago "make a parking lot out of Najaf", one of the sacred sites of Shiite Islam. That's being really brilliant Rush. By the way, if you'd like to sign a petition to get Rush off of Armed Forces Radio, or just get someone from the other side to counterbalance him, here you go. Its from Media Matters, which I now have a link to over with the rest of my links. Go, its very educational and has a lot of good information on the half-truths and b.s. of the right.

A lot has been going on as far as the internship front goes. I have an interview Tuesday with Chicago Magazine, which would be nice to work at, but would keep me here. I have a sort of tryout/interview at WTKA on Wednesday. I will be going back home Tuesday night, going in at 2:00, doing some guest booking and some operating the board during the afternoon show. This is great, but I may need to get back here to work on Thursday, and then go back home Friday for my 5th class reunion. Phew. We, my family and I , are currently trying to figure out a way for me to do that, whether it involves driving twice or taking the train or whatever.

If anyone saw Hardball last night, you heard Chris Matthews nail John O'Neill in a lie about not being employed by the Nixon White House to go and discredit Kerry. A lot of what is in "Unfit for Command" has been debunked, it was when it came out in 1996, when Kerry ran against Bill Weld, and hopefully it will now as well.

No comments: