Thursday, August 19, 2004

Goings On

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty crazy. On Tuesday I went for my interview at Chicago Magazine. I felt it went well, I answered all the questions they had, and I think, came off as enthusiastic about potentially working there. That's what I need. I was very excited afterwards, and suddenly not so sure what I wanted to do come September, because, truth be told, print is more of what I want to do. After my interview I went down to my counseling session, and then home. And, by home, I mean Ann Arbor. Rain was pouring down in Indiana, and basically stayed with me all the way home, which sort of dampened the drive a bit, but I still had fun, because commercial-free Radio is so great.

Yesterday, I had my tryout/interview at WTKA. I got there around 2 and talked with the host of the afternoon drive time show, Dennis. He had me fill out a questionnaire, including making up my own questions, and then took me in to the producer's area. I helped write copy for the updates. During the show, which started at 4, I answered phone calls, and put up the information of the screen for Dennis to read in the studio. Everything went pretty well, I screwed up a couple of times, including accidentally hanging up on regular caller High Octane Mike. The phone lines really lit up once, while we were discussing Michigan football, which was to be expected. On the whole it was a really fun time, and I think I did well, hopefully I'll be getting a phone call soon. Chicago Magazine said they would call next week.

Thank you so much. You Know Who You Are. Thank you so very, very much.


No comments: