Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Repeating the Part Where I Said All About the Things

I enjoyed the performance of Les Miserables that my old high school did. It was a combination of current and alumni students in it, and so I was able to see a few people I hadn't seen in a while, plus Robert was in it and did a good job.

I thought my interview went well last week, I should be hearing something soon, if I don't, its time to panic, because I've already told my leasing agency that I'm not renewing my lease, so I may have to start looking for sublets for three months.

By the way, Sandy Berger has been declared innocent of wrongdoing, nice to see it so highly publicized in the media.

I thought the Dodgers really made a lot of moves they didn't need to make last week. The one question I have more than anything is: Why would you consent to add Paul Lo Duca to a trade without knowing for sure Charles Johnson was coming? Now, you go from having an All-Star caliber catcher to Brent Mayne who has always been (Expect for the Triple Play 99 team run by yours truly, where he hit .325 with 52 HR's) a backup or platoon catcher. Even if they've improved their starting pitching with penny, aren't you costing yourself runs by this move? I don't get it.

The USA Basketball team just lost to Italy by 17 points. I'm not shocked by this, considering that Italy made 15 three-point shots as well as the fact that the US team is extremely young. I still think they will win in Athens, but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost one game in pool play. The one game that scares me, if they get to the medal round, is China, because there is no one on the US team that will be able to guard Yao. By the way, the team plays Germany next, I'm putting the over/under for points from Dirk Nowitzki at 41.

No comments: