Saturday, April 23, 2005

New England Patriots- Logan Mankins, G, Fresno State

I really don't know who he is, though I'm sure he's incredibly smart, and they're seeing he has a real mean streak. This is someone to take the place of Joe Andruzzi.

My feelings on the first round are this, there are a lot of teams that made the chalk picks, and nearly everyone has someone who filled a need. The stories of the draft will be the quarterbacks and the running backs in terms of how they develop, and then the "out of the box" choices like Matt Jones and Mike Williams. The Lions won't be rated highly, unless they blow people away with their choice in the second round. But they'll be among the top offenses in the league next year. They'll take defense in this next round, but they have to get better play than they got from their two corners last year, and they'll need Boss Bailey to stay healthy. If those things happen, and Dick Jauron gets another year in, thy'll be fine. I'll make some posts if I see something interesting in the next couple of rounds, but I do need a bit of a break.

No comments: