Thursday, June 24, 2004

Two Pictures, and other things

First which picture would you rather look at, this, which has Alex looking like he's thinking hard and about to say something, or this because it has PTM in a ridiculous hat?
Email your responses to jimshilander@yahoo.com or just comment below by hitting the comment dealie.

I got hit on while walking back from my car tuesday night by some young women in a Ford Explorer, I believe they were inbibing alcoholic beverages at the time, so it was the equivalant of construction workers hooting at passing women, I just thought I'd share this information.

I went to a concert at Metro, which is kind of a club/small concert venue near Wrigley last night, to do my music review for class tommorow. I saw The Streets which is this hip hop/ dance group from Birmingham, UK. I really didn't know how to describe them at first, my initial impression was kind of a British Everlast, but now I'm thinking more like a Multi-racial and British version of Jurassic 5. I enjoyed the show, even if it did start an hour and 40 minutes after its scheduled start, I guess they had a lot of late arrivals or something. Good show, I may by their CD or ask for it for my birthday coming up, or I'll just recommend it to you good people.

I also worked on my rewrite of my theatre review, and I called the play "a beached whale of a show. Like the sea mammal on land, the script flails about for something to swim in, but instead dies a slow, agonizing death." I figure that is about as mean as I will get, but frankly it deserves worse.

Draft is tonight, the 'Stones don't pick until the second round, where I figure they'll either take a Euro and leave him over there for a year or two, or maybe a senior like Arthur Johnson, or Bernard Robinson, Jr. who went to a fine institution for his basketball and academic career. I would take Okafor #1, but I'm suere the Bobcats would be pleased to get him at two, because he'll be a solid player for the 12 years or so, someone that gives the franchise a good start.

Indiana and the Bulls are said to be nearing a deal to get the Seventh pick to Indiana for Al Harrington, and Indiana would take Luke Jackson from Oregon. Last time the Bulls made a deal with the Pacers they traded away Ron Artest, Ron Mercer, Brad Miller and other stuff for Jalen Rose and Travis Best. That worked out really well didn't it.

I really don't have a ton to talk about today, which is why I am kind of blathering on. I will try to blog tommorow, I will be going to Cleveland for a family reunion this weekend, I'll be back sometime Sunday. Then I have a really busy week next week including a 12 page paper, two reviews and a presentation, plus stuff for work and therapy, and I will be ratcheting up my search for an internship for the Fall. Of course after next week I won't have to drive again for probably a month, which is a huge bonus, plus I get the day off Monday, sweet.

I'll blog again Monday for sure, maybe tommorow. Have a good night, I hope everything is going well for all of you and give me a call sometime.

No comments: