Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The weekend from crazy

So last thursday, I prepared myself to head out to Manchester Airport. I had everything , in terms of my luggage, and most everything else was prepared. Then I had to find my wallet. This took a while. By about quarter after two, I was fairly frantic, and it began raining hard outside. I sprinted back and forth between my apartment and my car, getting totally soaked in the process. Then, half an hour, and about 3 panic attacks later, I found it, sitting under a small phonebook. I rushed out, only to get stuck behind a trailer for much of my time on 28. Luckily I had been told of a new way to the airport, one that had me using more of the freeway, and less of the two lane highway. I made it in time.

On the way to Chicago, I was kind of surprised how, the closer the plane got, the more real anticipation I felt. As it was still light out, I saw many of the sights of my time in Chicago, the Borman, the Skyway, the Dan Ryan, and the skyline. I was ready to go out and enjoy them, except that it seems that Southwest misplaced one of my pieces of luggage. I filed a report, then headed to John's, where I got to ride the El again and met up with Chelsey. We ended up going back to her apartment, so she could get clothes for work the next day. We also found time to stop at Chili-Mac's 5 way, which was as good as I remembered it being. Chelsey and I also were able to talk about her new situation (new job, new apartment, now living in the same town as John) and how she was dealing with it. We headed back to John's, but everyone seemed exhausted and we pretty much went right to sleep.

The next morning, I headed out rather early to go and visit Chicago magazine. I was able to briefly see Cassie, my former supervisor, but she had an inteview to do and only could speak briefly. Still, it was good to see her, and good to see that little had changed there. I then caught the South Shore Line into Indiana, where Robert picked me up.

After we got home, I headed back to Albion, obstensively to see the play and to take Audrey and Karen to dinner. I have to say, I felt such a sense of relief, such a sense of joy, to see the both of them. I nearly lost them, at least in my mind, on July 7, and then I saw them at the KC, they seemed a lot more real. I went with them, along with Amy and Jordan, out to Olive Garden. We were there a little longer than I thought, so we missed the play, but I ended up having a lot of fun hanging out with everyone that night.

Saturday, well, was probably the best day. Why? Because Michigan won, and I got to see it. The other two Michigan games on TV this year, they lost, and I felt crushed, this time, I felt raised up on high somehow. It was probably the most excited I'd been in a while about a Michigan game, especially given all of the people saying Michigan was going to lose 5 games, or even a losing record, after the Wisconsin game. Oh yeah, I also went out to Albion, and I actually got to see the show, which I thought was fabulous, as well as eat at Lopez with Heather Schweitzer and her mom, which also gave me a brief visit with my nephew, Mr. Nick Mourning. After the show, myself, John and Chelsey, and Kopec and Sadler headed to Relli's, where there were still a lot of alumni there, including Pat Hopple and Dory Lerew.

Sunday I had lunch with my family, and then my grandmother took me to the airport. Then I got my boarding pass, and waited, and waited. Then we got word of storms in Chicago that forced a delay. Then we waited, and waited some more. Finally I got word that I missed my connection in the waiting and then had some confusion about what I'd do. The earliest flight from Metro wouldn't get me here until about 6 p.m. So I ended up flying to Chicago, without knowing when I'd be leaving in the morning. I did, however, get to stay with Miss Stephanie Mann on my return trip to the Second City, and had a great time talking with her. I ended up with an early morning flight, and got here in time to accomplish things yesterday.

Thanks for listening, I'll blog some thoughts about the playoffs and some other odds and ends tomorrow.

No comments: