Friday, October 14, 2005

Yeah, Yeah...

So I think I owe everyone an explanation as to why I haven't been blogging a lot lately. Mainly, its just been a matter of being busy, and point of fact, being out of the state for the last two weekends. Last week, I had another crazy plane adventure, to go home for my friend Keith's wedding. I woke up at 9, when my flight was at 10:30. My alarm, which had been set for 7 a.m. had not gone off. I literally raced out, stopping just to throw things in an overnight bag and grab an apple. I made it fairly quickly to the airport, but still late. I then made arrangements for another flight, to leave at five, but I'd have to be put on standby. I took a shuttle to a movie theatre, only to find that no movie was playing for another 4 or 5 hours, and then went to a nearby Barnes and Noble. After a few hours, I headed back to the airport, where I actually ended up with a ticket to Chicago at 5. After wasting a few hours, I was headed to Midway, not sure of how long I'd be there, as the flight back to Metro was oversold, not just full. Well, I got to Midway just as the White Sox were knocking Mike Timlin around, then about 15 minutes later, I heard cheers going around the airport from a bunch of crazy Southsiders. Anyway, I waited until 9, already with a contingency plan in hand (stay at John's and leave in the morning), but I guess that the offer of $200, a flight in the morning and lodging for the night tempted enough people that I got on.

Saturday was disappointing (not the wedding). Obviously the Michigan game sort of ruined my day. The wedding started really late, it turns out that the bridal party didn't get picked up until after the wedding was supposed to start, and so the reception was also late (we got dinner after 10) and we ended up leaving early, as my parents and myself needed to head out to New Hampshire in the morning. We did, and the trip was really quite long, and once we got closer to NH, kind of harrowing, driving in the dark in Vermont, when its raining, isn't something I'd recommend. But we had a lot of fun during the week, highlighted by a trip up Mount Washington Thursday. It was great to see my parents, but its also been a busy week, and so I am still tired, and feel the need to catchup on everything, not just blogging. With that, I leave you til tomorrow...

No comments: