Tuesday, November 02, 2004

GOTV
Today has been pretty maddening. I was sick with the flu the last two days, and therefore haven't seen a thing on the web or anything since I left home. Obviously, right now, things look like we might be experiencing the heaviest turnout in decades, which is gfreat, no matter who wins.
Still, I , along with most of the people I know, want Kerry to win. The early exit polls, especially in the states like Pennsylvania and Florida have looked good, but I am still nervous. Obviously, I think everyone is. Last night, before going to bed, I saw a short segment on Chicago Tonight, which WTTW puts on every weekday. It featured two panelists of three who were likely to be sympathetic to the GOP cause, and both had iffy feelings. One said that in watching the presidebt speake in New Mexico, that he seemed to see a man who had been given bad news. The other, an editor at the Trib, said that soemone had called him, a friend who worked with Karl Rove, and asked him if he could see any scenarios in which Bush won without winning Florida or Ohio. To be frank, I can't. To offset that, Bush would have to take Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan, and I don't think that is likely to happen.

Still watching different websites has not been good for my psyche. Looking at Salon and Talking Points, I see good news for the President, but when I look at the Corner, which is the blog at the National Review, I see only bad signs, though I suppose that is to be expected.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this turnout possible, you did God's work. Now we just have to hope it goes our way.

No comments: