Tuesday, July 13, 2004

23
I had a pretty good weekend, my family (parents, Robert and Grandma Graham) came down Saturday. It forced me to clean up my apartment, which was most assuredly needed. We also did some much needed work on my internship, which I hopefully will be hearing about soon. Saw Anchorman on Sunday with John, which was a lot of fun, and extremely funny. Still, I couldn't escape the melancholy thoughts I've been falling into over the past few weeks. I have to do something for my therapy tomorrow that is drudging up a lot of feelings and frankly, they are hard to confront. Decisions hat have been made, choices of mine over the past five months need to be looked at, and sometimes these feelings and actions are hard to think about. I hope it helps, because I have had a very hard time the last few days, and its rough to keep feeling like this.

ESPN's ratings of the most tortured sports cities ended today with the one logical candidate, Cleveland. The Ten worst sports moments included Jordan's shot on Ehlo at #5, so you know there are pretty bad things on the way. The Drive and the fumble are there, as is moving the Browns. #1 is pretty obvious though, and from personal experience, I know how painful it was.

I want to thank my parents for going above and beyond in their desire to help me with my internship, thank you both so very much for being willing to help and working so tirelessly for me while I go through this difficult time.

A quick couple of things. Salon has a look at John Edwards' career as a trial lawyer, and finds that he didn't go out of his way to try and destroy the American way of life, but that he represented real people who were wronged by negligent businesses. Second Rob Pelinka, who is carols Boozer's agent, is apparently resigning as Boozer's representative. I grew up watching Pelinka play as a member of Michigan's basketball team. He was on the second unit, the one referred to as the "forgotten five" Eric Riley, James Voskuhl, Pelinka, Freddie Hunter and Michael Talley. They had been expected to start and play the year the fab five got there. They formed a fantastic bench and saved the teams bacon at several points in the season. Pelinka hit a bunch of threes that WON a game against Michigan State in East Lansing. I knew he wanted to be a lawyer. He showed up on ESPN's "The Season" a couple of years ago, as he was representing some players on the Clippers, who were the subject of the show. Now he has Boozer and Kobe. Kobe, who may well end up with the Clippers is less interesting right now than Boozer. From the reports that have come out, it seems that Pelinka wanted to honor the deal Boozer had with the Cavs, but Boozer took Utah's offer of more money. This isn't Utah's fault. They may well be a top contender next year given their newly improved frontcourt and bench. I obviously can't blame Pelinka. The Cavs kind of screwed themselves, and Boozer screwed them. I can't say either was wrong or right, but that's what happened.

No comments: