Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Ok, sorry for the rather lengthy space between posts but things have been very hectic and weird this week.

First,
My grandfather had a heart attack, I believe on Friday night, and had to go to the hospital, where he still is. My Grampa Graham has not exactly taken care of himself his whole life, he ate a lot of foods that aren't all that good for you, drank beer at every non-breakfast meal, outside of Lent, and smoked foR a long time. All that being said, I don't want to lose him. He has been a very important person in my life and one of the people who shaped me. He's done a better job lately of taking care of himself so hopefully that will pay off. I have been very lucky. I am 22 and have never lost a grandparent. I know that what Laura has just gone through has hurt her, ˇˇ. I know that as time goes on I will lose them, but I would like to keep all four of them around for a while longer. Get Well Grandpa, especially for Notre Dame-Michigan.

Second,
I went down to John's Saturday night. I walked down there, an pretty quickly to, though I wasn't hurrying. Anyway, as I got up to leave around midnight, I couldn't find my wallet. It wasn't in my jacket, John's room or in his car. I tried calling Jewel, where I had gone while John went to Blockbuster, because I knew I had had it because I paid for a bag of Riesen with my check card. Anyway, they didn't have it. I checked back later that night, still nothing. John very graciously lent me some money to get home, but still nothing. I was able to cancel the card, but the problem is that my DL and my Social Security card were there as well. I had to call one of the credit reporting companies to make sure that no one takes out a line of credit in my name. I also lost my U-Pass, which added to my cost of living the last two weeks of school.
My mom met me in Indiana Monday with money and my birth certificate. I will be coming back into Michigan on Friday to get my license and to attend commencement. So if any of you are officers of the law in Illinois, Indian or Michigan, please do not pull me over.

I will check in with more entertaining thoughts tomorrow I promise. It may be a late night tomorrow because my Magazine Production class is having its deadline at the end of the night, and we need to put everything to bed.

Wish us luck.