Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back, Back again

So I have a new, or at least semi-new, computer now. My parents came Monday, along with my grandmother, and brought the desktop my brother had formerly used at school, but no longer needed. Frankly, its worlds faster than what I had, so anything would have been an improvement, but it still does some taking used to. My parents, my grandmother and my aunt Claudia have been here all week and leave Saturday morning. Its been really good to see them, especially since I usually don't have a ton of time at home when I'm there. Still, I've had to work all week still, so yesterday and Tuesday I didn't get to see them very much those days, but we're going to dinner tonight, and will have much of the day tomorrow before they leave.

Good to see that its been a relatively uneventful return to school for the Albion folks, as well as Robert at Valpo. Now, I did see that the long distance cables went out in Albion, so there was a brief loss of long distance phone coverage, but there was something similar that happened up here a few weeks ago, when a truck took one out of the low hanging cables. Just a note to a few of my Albion friends, if you're going to go to the Barbara Bush lecture tonight with the idea to create a scene to protest the war, or ask a very smart alecky question, don't. If you want to protest, b respectful and do it quietly. Like it or not, Barbara Bush is still a beloved Grandmotherly figure, and it will almost certainly be covered by local media. We really don't want to create a controversy that will ultimately embarass the college, or our student body. I don't really like that she's coming either, but it might be best to just grin and bear it tonight.

I'll post stories from the last couple of weeks, as well as more thoughts tomorrow. Break a leg tonight John Paul.

No comments: