Saturday, June 04, 2005

The TV thing

So I just noticed a couple of really odd things on the television machine. One, am I the only one who gets slightly freaked out by the way way Bambi's mother talks in Bambi? The reason I ask is not because she dies, though, for me, the tragic thing is Bambi's plaintive cry, not hearing the shot, but what freaks me out is the that, unlike all of the other animals, including Bambi, oddly enough, who have an anthropomorphic way of speaking (they talk like people, their mouths are where people's mouths are, and they make human-like mouth movements) Bambi's mother talks like a deer would talk. Her mouth looks like an alien is speaking , and frankly, it creeps me out.

The second thing I noticed, while watching the VH1 program about the worst ever songs (which includes Euphonics favorite Breakfast at Tiffany's at 6) is that Bill Irwin plays the other white guy, with Robin Williams, in the video for Don't Worry be Happy. Bill Irwin is the guy I just saw, well at the very beginning of April, as George in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? opposite Kathleen Turner. Now, in the Playbill it mentioned that Irwin had been trained as a clown, but seriously, a Bobby McFerrin video? When I talked to Starko about seeing the play, he mentioned how great Irwin was (Irwin also did the last play Albee wrote The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?) and how it was sad people didn't realize who he was. I guess some people know, he's the guy who's rent is late, and who's landlord may have to litigate.

Egads.

No comments: