Saturday, February 12, 2005

Hey There, from Chocolate City

Hello everyone. I've now been in Washington for over two weeks, and on the whole its been a lot of fun. Mary's in-laws, the Bayne's have let me stay at their house for the past two weeks, and they really helped me through a lot of the getting here jitters and issues. They really are great people. Right now, I'm at Michele's, who is Mrs. Bayne's sister. I am housesitting until next week, and then I will be staying here with her and her partner, Ingrid.

The last two weeks, looking for a job, have been quite interesting. A couple of days this week I got a bit down, I had what you might call a "crisis of confidence". But Cameo reminded me that it took her a while to find her job, and she had a great many more contacts than I. I have lots of resumes out, both at the Hill, the newspaper, and The Hill, the place. I also have sent out resumes to some think tanks and policy centers. I have also continued sending out resumes to newspapers as well.

Arthur Miller died yesterday. I guess the only thing I can say now is that the last of the three great titans of 20th century American drama is dead. Miller, Tennessee Williams, and Eugene O'Neill made it all the more difficult for schlubs like me to do anything in their wake, though maybe, just maybe, I'll soon get some inspiration.

I do think I will have something soon, but please keep all of your fingers crossed for me. I'll blog more tomorrow

No comments: